Probleme E-Verdeck mit VIDEO!
Good evening to you too Micha,

(18.03.2009, 23:05)Jenkins schrieb: Good evening Lars!

Thank God I didn't have to do this. But this very thread continues (again) with cable problems, esp. contribution #11. Did you see/understand this? Or doesn't that match the situation in your car?

Micha

I was so exited to read the thread in the beginning that I missed #11. I will give it a go tomorrow to check if I can measure the cable. I have to find the connections but I guess I will see that when I searching for them.

Thanks again.

I have some currious problems and I will bring up the complete test here when i have edited the snapshots I took.

BTW I am making a new version of all the VAG-COM zone tests in English with supplementary information on every part involved in the single tests. Zwinker
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo Cabriio Freunden,

I am sorry to say that nothing new has happened to the hood. Still the same problem. I got a hold of a complete set of the roof hydraulic cylinders from ebay.de and will probably receive them in the end of next week. Until then I will do sporadic searches in the system.

Back to the power windows. I found out that they are actually working. Down is no problem at all but up is. If I put on the ingnition and pressing the PW button the windows goes up about 5 cm and then stop. If I press several times the windows randomly goes up a few centimeters then it's stop. I have to shut the ingition and put it on again and I can then again raise the windows a few centimeters. Has this anything to do with the relay or could it be something else. I doubt it is corrision in the button as I have removed it and cleaned it up.

Any input and reply is highly appreciated, either in english or in Deutsch.

//Lars
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
U P D A T E.

Good Eventing and Happy Easter/Holdiay!

Today I've spent around 6 hours investigating the hood. I know that there's something wrong with cylinder F204 and I will replace it. But now I have a new problem that came from nowhere. Let me explain....

When opening the roof and pressing the cab button everything is fine until the segment when the hood lid is ment to unlock and raise. This is not happening, there's only a noise from the pump for about 10-20 seconds and then... dead, nada, nil, zero.
Same thing if I go the other way with the roof in the roof lid and want to close the top. Nothing is happening at all just a buzzing sound from the hydraulic pump for approx 20 seconds.

I've re-checked all wires, just in case and all are working. I even followed a recent forum-thread Verdeckklappe öffnet 10cm (surrende Pumpe) and the FAQ
Stellmotor Heckklappenschloss - Verdeckdeckel geht nicht auf .. mine is working Nenene .

Now I am really in trouble as I have no Idea what is going on with my roof.

These are the latest VAG-COM codes:

01105 - Solenoid Valve 8 (N186)
28-10 - Short to B+ - Intermittent

00271 - See Repair Group 01
35-10 - - - Intermittent

I am stuck, don't really know where to go from here so please, please, please. Any input are very gladly appreciated.

One more thing...

I found out that I have two more relays for the power windows behind the back rest. So in total there are 4 relays (all with the number 203) plus the big relay (#363) for the power windows. The big one controls the buttons on the doors and the four with 203 is for the button between the seats. So the big relay #363 has nothing to do with the roof. Now to the mystery, as before down is working but up doesn't. I've cleaned and changed places of all 203's and still no go. I removed the power window button and manually short circuited. Down is OK but up just making a strong click in both relays related to down. So there's nothing wrong with the button in the dash between the seats.
I am really stuck here too as all relays are working but the power windows up-position does not Nenene Nenene I just can't find any relations as the only fault code is
1108 Relay for raising windows -J292
- Convertible top operation control unit -J256

So no luck in trying to repair the hydraulic, nor the power windows. Hoffentlich sieht mich keiner I am not very happy right now. Da bin ich aber traurig! Shaun
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
(12.04.2009, 21:43)Stout001 schrieb: These are the latest VAG-COM codes:

01105 - Solenoid Valve 8 (N186)

00271 - See Repair Group 01
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Hi Lars,

according to my book "Reparaturleitfaden Karosserie Eigendiagnose" 01105 is the effect for the non opening of the lid. The cause could be 1) short to +, 2) magnetic valve 8 (N186) out of tolerance or 3) control unit J256 defect.

00271 is the effect for the non opening the convertible soft top and cause could be 1) operating error or 2) invalid position of roof opening button. The elimination of 00271 you already tried out with the described actions in the thread, but try to following this order: read out of failure recorder, bring soft top into end position manually, delete failure recorder, switch ignition off and on, push roof opening button, try a complette opening/closing

semu
Schönwettercruiser 03-10: Kaktusgrün Perleffekt, Verdeck grün, Nappaleder Sesam, Wurzelholz, Audi Holzlenkrad seit 03/2009, Audi Holzschaltknauf seit 05/2010, 2x Reinholdmodule, Chrom Front, Tachoringe, Walde Gurtkappen, DELTA CC & 6-fach CD, Tempomat seit 06/2010, 205/55R16V Michelin Primacy HP seit 03/2011
[Bild: 132139.png]

[Bild: sign2.jpg]

VCDS (VAG-Com) Service Raum 09xxx und 01xxx für alle VAG Modelle
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo Semu,

(13.04.2009, 19:23)semu schrieb: 00271 is the effect for the non opening the convertible soft top and cause could be 1) operating error or 2) invalid position of roof opening button. The elimination of 00271 you already tried out with the described actions in the thread, but try to following this order: read out of failure recorder, bring soft top into end position manually, delete failure recorder, switch ignition off and on, push roof opening button, try a complette opening/closing

semu

Thank you for the info. I have the documentaion as well on PDF. I've tried many different ways both with full closed and open top with closed/locked roof-lid. I remember when this first happened that the boot didn't open I checked the hydraulic oil and "shaked" the pump a little. After that the locks opened and the lid raised, this happened a few times but after that the same syndrom with the buzzing pump occured. It could be some wires somewhere that are defect?

I got a hold of a complete harness including the hydrualic cylinders so next weekend I will start with replacing F204 and the wires, hopefully it'll solve the problem with the boot-lid. You see, I suspect there's a connection between the upper hydraulic cylinders and the boot-lid. The documentation mention if the delay is too long the system halt, and this is what is happening as the the system totally shut of and all digits in Vag-com gives 0 0 0 0 0 0 all over. On the other hand I've had problems from the very start with the upper cylinders according to the video.

Hmmm... maybe I should make a new video so you all can hear the sound of the pump and the "boom"
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo Cabriofreunden.

I am back and I still have the same problems + a new one. Bin verärgert!

So what have I done since the last posing? Well, I got a hold of a complete working hydraulic system. The Hydraulic pump is coming next week but I have all cylinders and tubes.

So now it is time to present what I've done so far.

I replaced the upper right hand cylinder and found out there were no hydraulic oil or what so in the cylinder or from the tubes.

Here's a pic on the "new" cylinder (still in place in the old harness):

[Bild: img_1639.jpg]

With the new cylinder I got this fault code:

01089 - Switch for Tensioning Strut Stowed (F204)
27-00 - Implausible Signal
00268 - Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

By hand (without ignition) I opened and closed the roof several times because I thought the new cylinder would be fed with hydraulic oil. But after check with VAG-COM it had still the same fault.

So I started to check the chords and meauserd every single of them to check if some were broken. All together three cords.

[Bild: img_1646.jpg]

[Bild: img_1648.jpg]

[Bild: img_1649.jpg]

[Bild: img_1652.jpg]

[Bild: img_1653.jpg]

[Bild: img_1654.jpg]

All gave signal so now I know that all the wires are OK.

One strange thing though (or maybe not) when I measure the earthwire (the one attached to the cylinderbody) on the cylinder when it is in attached, I get signal from two chords in the red connector (black and red chords). But when I measure the cylinder (ground) I get no signal. Maybe this it the way it is ment to be?

Here it the cylinder assembled.
[Bild: img_1656.jpg]

Next step. I re-checked the wires and measured with a multimeter on the right hand side in the loom.
[Bild: img_1645.jpg]
[Bild: img_1641.jpg]
[Bild: img_1643.jpg]
[Bild: img_1644.jpg]
All of them are 100% Da bin ich aber traurig!

So I went further to check the bootlid lock. I've checked this unit before and as far as I am concerned the microswitch did click, now it doesn't. And it looks like it's pushed too far in the connector. I tried to measure it but got nothing

[Bild: img_1659.jpg]

I told you all before that I started to have problems with the rooflid. The only thing that is happening after the back of the roof raised in upper position, iis a "screaming" noise from the pump for 10-20 seconds and then dead. The rooflid locks are still locked when this is happening.

Is the bootlid lock involved in this movement when the rooflid-locks on left and right is supposed to open up and lock the bootlid? If so then the microswitch problem could be the solution to everything?

Can anyone confirm this? I've searched the forum because I know I read about it somewhere but can't find it.

Does anyone have any hint?
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo Lars

I have hat the same problem. I have maked a lot of test's, The wirering has benn renewed. But it did not help.
Today i got a new Top ECU, and now the top work.
My Cabrio is from 1994, the ECU model no is: 8G0 959 255, I have tryed with the model no: 8G0 959 255A, This das not work on my car.

Best Regards
Rene'
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo Rene'

Thanks for the interesting info. The ECU is the only thing I haven't bought. I have a new pump and new cylinders but as the connector to the hydraulic pump was smashed in the transport (am waiting for a new connector from Audi) I haven't installed it yet. But I have replaced several cylinders and switches.

I have the same problem as before, the rooflid does not open at all anymore. And I am absolutely sure it is not the wires in the loom as I meauserd the whole harness without any errors.

One positive thing though. I re-oldered the big power window relais and suddenly I can raise and lower all windows from the central PW button.

I will now check the ebay for an ECU. The reason for not buying one already is that they goes for approx 130 Euro and up on Ebay. I will replace the pump just to get sure it's not the pump.

Now I have a complete second set of the hydraulic system except for the harness. Das ja man doof Cost me a couple of hundred euros but I'll hopefully get it back when I sell it as it is all working.

Thanks again for you excellent tip on the ECU and that the A does not work in "our" cars.

//Lars
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
U P D A T E !

Just to let you all know. The roof is still not working. I have replaced the whole hydraulic system. measured all cords and I still have the same general problems as before.

I open the roof.... the power windows goes down.
I press the roof button, the roof starts to moving until the rooflid locks should release which never happens. The roof stays in upper position for about 10-15 seconds while the Hydraulic pump is screaming and the BANG... everything stops and the Hydraulik pressure release and the rear part of the roof falls down.

The other way around when the roof is in the rooflid and the rooflid is locked. Nothng is happening except that the pump is making noise. I have filled up with hydraulik oil a bit over max.

So what now... I am searching for a ECU replacement part. I've bid on ebay but got no luck to get it. There is one for sale for 199 Euro but I think that is too expensive, approx 100 Euro is OK.

If anyone happens to have a Steurgerät Serienummer: 8G0 959 255 please get in contact with me!

I guess I will not get a working roof this summer Nenene
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
(30.06.2009, 23:25)Stout001 schrieb: ...Steurrgerät ... 8G0 959 255 ...

Hello Lars,

did you notice that STG 8G0 959 255 indeed might be the root of your roof's problems?

I assume your daughter's birthday went by w/o a working roof, didn't it? What a pity... But I think she must have been nonetheless excited about the car, right? (Well, I would have been... Cool )

Best wishes.

Micha
Übrigens: Einkaufen ist leichter als Einbauen... ™
Und noch etwas: Es heißt Audi Cabriolet. Ohne 80.

04/2007 - 07/2014 96er ABC Automatik - seit 09/2014 04er ASN Multitronic Das ja man doof
[Bild: TJ.jpg]
Total verbastelt Behutsam optimiert © - und als Wasserleiche schmählich entsorgt. Das das kacke oder was?! - Also auf ein Neues!  

VCDS HEX-CAN aktuell dt./engl..

Ø-Verbrauch: [Bild: 239549_5.png]

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Diverse Probleme mit E-Verdeck Paulneu 10 5.415 08.04.2021, 18:09
Letzter Beitrag: ManuelL
  Probleme Verdeck und Elektrik-neu Cabrio Selbstfahrer 2 2.122 03.07.2017, 12:09
Letzter Beitrag: Tux
Question [Problem] weitere Probleme mit dem Verdeck rosaflitzer 10 5.199 07.08.2016, 12:08
Letzter Beitrag: neupier
  Verdeck Probleme Nochber 14 9.755 15.02.2016, 22:08
Letzter Beitrag: Audimattes
  [Manuell] Probleme mit dem verdeck und mehr Doffl 2 4.006 21.10.2014, 19:08
Letzter Beitrag: Doffl
  Immer noch Verdeck Probleme Audi Cab 7 7.507 15.03.2011, 08:39
Letzter Beitrag: Mech©
  Probleme mit der Verdeck-Kontrolleuchte Franz-Otto 0 2.955 11.10.2010, 17:41
Letzter Beitrag: Franz-Otto
  Manuelles Verdeck macht Probleme Volker 70 60 45.420 06.08.2010, 07:51
Letzter Beitrag: Mech©
  Verdeck und ZV Probleme Mauki27 15 12.542 03.06.2010, 18:48