Problem with electric roof
Hi all, i am sorry for writting in English, but mine Deutch is really bad, hope it is not a problem for all of you Smile First i want to say thank you to everyone who writes here ana helps me with information Smile)) My car is Audi Cabriolet 1996, Abk engine (2.0 115ps). It has an electric roof and until now it was working really nice without any problems... Yesturday i wnated to enjoy the sun but when i start removing the roof only the soft top starts moving and when the deck hatch is supposed to open it open only around 5-6sm. i can hear the pump trying to lift it be nothing happens. It's like it hasn't enough strenght...i checked the level of the liquid but it appears to be fine. Please help me. Also if you have any schemes please upload them here so i can see them. Thanks a lot guys
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi,

did you check the cables (both sides) in the trunk?

I think they must be replaced.

Have a look here:

http://www.audicabrio.info/support/index...belb%E4ume

Greets
Gruß aus dem schönen Weserbergland,

kAlle

Meine Audis:

A3, Typ 8P, 2004
Cabrio, Typ 89, 1997
Coupé S, Typ C1, 1971

Im Konjunktiv ist alles möglich

[Bild: b4xgeyyzc9euazynp.jpg]

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi, i didn't check them, but do you think that it will be working if the problem is connected with the cables? Sometimes my electric roof works properly...lets say that every 4-5 times of every 12-13 tries it works properly.
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Yes, this is the problem. Please check both cables in the roof. Please tell us if it works. There are many (excuse me: by the time we all have the same problems with the electric roof) problems with this cables and in Germany we have someone who produce this cable in a special version. You can buy this cables by audi but it is a expensive way. If you are a mechanics you can try to make it but replace this cabels more than 15 cm. It won´t work to replace only 1-2 cm. I hope you understand me.

Kein Umbau, fast alles original Ganz geschmeidisch...
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi,

to avoid confusions: the cables are in the trunk, not in the roof.

Did you look at the pics in the link above?

If the cables are partly broken, your roof may sometimes work properly.

kAlle

Meine Audis:

A3, Typ 8P, 2004
Cabrio, Typ 89, 1997
Coupé S, Typ C1, 1971

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Mitko,

unfortunately there is an alternative: The ECU controlling your roof might be broken. This was the reason why my roof lid did not open completely but only for 5-6 cm. Nenene I had to replace it.

But you should check your cables first, they're much cheaper! Zwinker You find these cables on both sides of your trunk, leading into your trunk lid.
Grüße von der Ems,
Andreas

Saison 04-09: Typ89 Cabriolet ABK EZ 20.06.1994
Daily Driver:    A4 B6 Cabriolet BFB EZ 16.06.2004
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hey, glad to see who many people answered to my questions. Thanks a lot guys...first thing in the morning will be to check these cables. Lemmy how much did you pay to solve your problem? And this Ecu is what? Can you give me a photo of it? Thanks a lot!
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
HI,

ecu= engine control unit, in German Verdecksteuergerät:

http://www.audicabrio.info/co/showthread...ger%C3%A4t

kAlle

Meine Audis:

A3, Typ 8P, 2004
Cabrio, Typ 89, 1997
Coupé S, Typ C1, 1971

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
early in the morning i went to the car and checked those cables...can you imagine what a surprise it was to me when i found that the problem was exactly that Big Grin So it is the cable connected with the trunk...so when it is not locked my roof refuses to work. When i lock it manually it works perfect. So thanks to everyone for your help, apreciate it!
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Mitko,

glad to read that you've found your problem. That's half the way to solve it. Zwinker
Cable-repair-kits are sold by a member of our board, please search for "FOBA". Lupe Costs 50,00 EUR each when you tell him you're from this board too (possibly plus shipping Is dat wirklich so? ).
But we also have repairing tipps in our FAQ.
Grüße von der Ems,
Andreas

Saison 04-09: Typ89 Cabriolet ABK EZ 20.06.1994
Daily Driver:    A4 B6 Cabriolet BFB EZ 16.06.2004
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste