[NG] ABK Umbau zum NG (English thread)
Hello fellow Cabrio owners.

Sorry for my lack of German language (My German is somewhat limited due to too many years not using it). I'm from Denmark and we don't have a dedicated forum for Audi Cabrio owners...I go to you, however I hope I can get info anyway although I’m not German.

I have an Audi Cabrio build year 1996 with a 2.0E (ABK)
I'm planning to upgrade the engine to a 2.3E - 5 cylinder.

However what I’m nervous about, is the immobilizer and electric in general.
My Cabrio as it is at the moment, is that it has a factory installed immobilizer and with the 2.3 engine I have to bypass the immobilizer.

I have acquired the engine, engine control unit (443 906 264 F) it origins from an old Audi Cabriolet 2.3 build year 1992, and the harness (Kabelbaum 8A1971072) origin from an Audi 80 B4 2.3 build year 1993.
Engine motor code is NG 068766, origins from an Audi Coupe 1990.
and various other things aswell as the knockesensor control unit.

The harness is without alarm and immobilizer joints (for the WSF) – just standard harness as the harness with immobilizer and alarm have VAG no. 8A1971072GM and this cable can’t be acquired anymore, only the standard cable (8A1971072) can.

My overall question is, can I get this to work together?

My plan is to build the engine into my cabrio without any immobilizing unit.

If others have being doing the same – upgrading from a 2.0 to a 2.3 cyl engine, I’d like to hear from you also.

Basically can the engine control unit with VAG no. 443 906 264 F function without any immobilizer?
Or shall I have another control unit in order to get it to work without immobilizer?

Thank you in advance for your help.

es gibt eine andere Motorsteuerung VAG-Nr. 4A0 906 264, es var ein Audi 80 Avant 2,3 verwendet.
Vielleicht wird diese motorsteurung meinen Motor passen. motor nummer NG 068766?

Ein anderes frage.
Was ist der Unterschied zwischen 443906264F ECU und 4A0 906 264 ECU und 443907397K ECU?

Vielleicht kann eine Erklärung mich auf dem Weg nach rechts führen
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
hi cabrio dk,

look in your pn you have a mail.

best regards,Erste Sahne

chris

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste