Probleme E-Verdeck mit VIDEO!
(06.03.2009, 19:54)Shamus schrieb: Hallo,

D iebstahl
W arn
A nlage

That means the alarm system, which ist activated, when someone tries to steal the car.

Hallo,

Vielen dank I've been wondering about the letters for quite a long time. Dry

//Lars
Hallo Micha,

(06.03.2009, 19:56)Jenkins schrieb: Controller J256 (= Verdecksteuergerät) is responsible for moving the power windows (via the corresponding relays).
AND: The switch is (temporary) disabled - whilst moving the roof.
The above mentioned relays are (should be) placed under the steering wheel, behind the cover.
Great Info, thanks for that.

Can a relay malfunction so that it only woks partly? I mean the windows goes down but not up when I press the Central Power Windows button.

Or maybe there are two relays for this operation up/down?

//Lars
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Good morning!

(07.03.2009, 04:20)Stout001 schrieb: ...Or maybe there are two relays for this operation up/down?

Yep! As Grappa already mentioned one has to be very careful comparing two cars 'cause Audi has changed so much over the years. At least in my car these two relays are situated under the steering wheel, first row to the left and have 203 printed on them. It's a bit narrow up there. For some of us it helped to simply remove the relays and reinsert them while others had to sand the contacts first.

Micha
Übrigens: Einkaufen ist leichter als Einbauen... ™
Und noch etwas: Es heißt Audi Cabriolet. Ohne 80.

04/2007 - 07/2014 96er ABC Automatik - seit 09/2014 04er ASN Multitronic Das ja man doof
[Bild: TJ.jpg]
Total verbastelt Behutsam optimiert © - und als Wasserleiche schmählich entsorgt. Das das kacke oder was?! - Also auf ein Neues!  

VCDS HEX-CAN aktuell dt./engl..

Ø-Verbrauch: [Bild: 239549_5.png]

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
(07.03.2009, 04:20)Stout001 schrieb: ...Can a relay malfunction so that it only woks partly? I mean the windows goes down but not up when I press the Central Power Windows button...

That's possible too, yes. There are some threads concerning the "other" controller for the power windows. It's a big box under the steering wheel connected with many errors while moving the windows. Most common error: broken solder joints (?), in German: "kalte Lötstelle". As an example.

___

Sinngemäße Übersetzung:
Kann ein Relais insofern gestört sein, daß es nur teilweise funktioniert? Die Fenster fahren herunter aber nicht hoch wenn ich den zentralen Fensterheberschalter betätige.

Ja, kann sein. Zum eigentlichen Fensterhebersteuergerät gibt es hier einige Threads, die sich meistens durch Nachlöten der kalten Lötstellen im STG in Luft auflösten.

Micha

04/2007 - 07/2014 96er ABC Automatik - seit 09/2014 04er ASN Multitronic Das ja man doof
Total verbastelt Behutsam optimiert © - und als Wasserleiche schmählich entsorgt. Das das kacke oder was?! - Also auf ein Neues!  

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
I found them under the steering wheel.

[Bild: relais_203.JPG]

I cleaned them and put them in place but still no power windows down. I checked them separately and what happens then is that only the left driver window is working. But with both inserted all Power windowns lowers. I am on my way to the garage to clean up the holders as well, may be corrosion in them.

Arer these relays for the power windows only or do they have any function with the rest of the roof?
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
(07.03.2009, 13:01)Stout001 schrieb: ...Arer these relays for the power windows only or do they have any function with the rest of the roof?
As I understand it they are only responsible for moving the windows, whether via J256 or via the central switch (and J256 as well). You can simply change their places to check the up/down-function. May be you should look inside the relays for bad solding. And do not forget to check the big power window controller which tends to have bad solding, as mentioned. (Printed 363 or 367 or 369 on it.)

Unfortunately my car ist standing far away from me, so I can't help with comparing cables, changing relays etc.

___

Sinngemäße Übersetzung:
Sind diese Relais nur für die Fenster zuständig oder haben sie noch eine andere Funktion im Zusammenhang mit dem Dach?
Soweit ich weiß sind sie nur für die Fenster zuständig. Eins für hoch, eins für runter und man kann sie problemlos untereinander tauschen. Abschließend habe ich mal wieder kalte Lötstellen in diesen Relais und in dem großen Fensterheber-STG erwähnt.

Micha

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Lars

We have to differentiate between relays for operation and the corresponding control unit.
The latter takes 2 places (5+6).
As mentioned before one relay is for lifting (16) and one relay is for lowering power windows (13).
But only driver window. All other three windows are powerd by relays, that are found behind rear set upholstry.

We have an FAQ entry hosting a picture describing the mount location of each relay.
[Bild: Zusatzrelaistraeger-Amarturenbrett.jpg]

Wir haben ein Stgt (Platz 5+6) und je ein Relais zum heben (16) und eins zum senken (13) des Fahrerfensters.
Die Relais für alle 3 anderen Fenster ist unter der Rücksitzbank.

Gruss
Thilo
Verstehen kann man das Leben nur rückwärts, leben muss man es vorwärts.
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Moin Thilo

(09.03.2009, 13:16)Tux schrieb: Hi Lars

We have to differentiate between relays for operation and the corresponding control unit.
The latter takes 2 places (5+6).

As mentioned before one relay is for lifting (16) and one relay is for lowering power windows (13).

But only driver window. All other three windows are powerd by relays, that are found behind rear set upholstry.

Okey. I understand.
What I don't understand though is where the 4 x window button in the middle control panel is connected to. Is this what you call "the control unit"?

All my windows are working excellent when pressing the buttons on the door, they go down and they go up.

They are working and lowering when opening the hood. and they work if I push down in the middle control panel. But they don't work if I want to raise them from the middle control panel button. I just hear a strong click. The click comes from the right relay #203 under the steeringshaft. I've cleaned up both 203 relays and changed places, still it won't work.

I read a lot about this in the commuity yesterday and a common fault is obviously cold soldering. I will check that today. But I also read posts about other relays involved. 367, 363, 343, 20 and 21. I will try to locate them today and have a check.

Is there any complete FAQ or listing on where all relays are situated or what they do? If not I may go over them all in the car and make a FAQ out of it Cool But as I understand it's all also year dependent?

UPDATE concerning the roof top. Suddently the roof lid is working again and believe it or not, the bootlid stayed up while the back or the roof went down in the roof lid but as I don't have the gas struts in place the edge of the roof bumped into the lid. Today I'll get the gas struts for the roof lid and hopefully the lid stays up when they are mounted.
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hallo,

have a look here:

http://www.audicabrio.info/support/index...artlang=de

siehe auch Einbauorte --> see where the relais are built in

Greets ,

kalleSmile

PS: I like your nickname..... in a glass.Wub
Gruß aus dem schönen Weserbergland,

kAlle

Meine Audis:

A3, Typ 8P, 2004
Cabrio, Typ 89, 1997
Coupé S, Typ C1, 1971

Im Konjunktiv ist alles möglich

[Bild: b4xgeyyzc9euazynp.jpg]

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
(09.03.2009, 18:32)Shamus schrieb: Hallo,

have a look here:

http://www.audicabrio.info/support/index...artlang=de

siehe auch Einbauorte --> see where the relais are built in

Greets ,

kalleSmile

PS: I like your nickname..... in a glass.Wub

Hallo Kalle,

Yes Stout Beer is the one to drink Big Grin

Thanks for the link. I've been looking at it in the past. But I don't really get it as there are no info about the releais. There are info after each fuse and there are 21 fuses (sicherungs). Does the info 22-32 concern the relais (except for 5, 6, 13, 14 and 16)?
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Mr Stout,

did you scroll down to the bottom?

Greets,

kAlleSmile l
Gruß aus dem schönen Weserbergland,

kAlle

Meine Audis:

A3, Typ 8P, 2004
Cabrio, Typ 89, 1997
Coupé S, Typ C1, 1971

Im Konjunktiv ist alles möglich

[Bild: b4xgeyyzc9euazynp.jpg]

Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Diverse Probleme mit E-Verdeck Paulneu 10 5.600 08.04.2021, 18:09
Letzter Beitrag: ManuelL
  Probleme Verdeck und Elektrik-neu Cabrio Selbstfahrer 2 2.163 03.07.2017, 12:09
Letzter Beitrag: Tux
Question [Problem] weitere Probleme mit dem Verdeck rosaflitzer 10 5.347 07.08.2016, 12:08
Letzter Beitrag: neupier
  Verdeck Probleme Nochber 14 10.006 15.02.2016, 22:08
Letzter Beitrag: Audimattes
  [Manuell] Probleme mit dem verdeck und mehr Doffl 2 4.051 21.10.2014, 19:08
Letzter Beitrag: Doffl
  Immer noch Verdeck Probleme Audi Cab 7 7.639 15.03.2011, 08:39
Letzter Beitrag: Mech©
  Probleme mit der Verdeck-Kontrolleuchte Franz-Otto 0 2.990 11.10.2010, 17:41
Letzter Beitrag: Franz-Otto
  Manuelles Verdeck macht Probleme Volker 70 60 46.134 06.08.2010, 07:51
Letzter Beitrag: Mech©
  Verdeck und ZV Probleme Mauki27 15 12.765 03.06.2010, 18:48