Stellmotor Heckklappe durchmessen
Hi Tux & Grappa,
Thanks so much, really appreciated to get some clarity in this forrest of bits and switches.. Respekt
And great to see your pictures Grappa! Cant believe I haven't found those earlier.

I took J256 / Steuergerät apart and the PCB looks as clean as Grappa's pictures. It's also a riddle to me what's exactly going on the board, but the pcb track from the socket up to the (i believe) resistor network is clear and not shorting.
In a last test, I again measured inside the B plug, B13 to GND, and B14 to GND: both a clean connection, app 100Ω resistance between pin and GND, no short, so it can't be those cables.

So Ok. I will have to find another J256. Hmmm... As they seem pricey, I just hope that's the solution.
If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

TBC..
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Wow, wow, wow

Wait a second, you did the measurement reg.B13/14 I suggested in entry #21 ?
Was the boot loom unplugged (green 6-fold connector)?

These are straight wires between J256 and plug T6a and schould have no connection to ground when V53 is not connected !

Again refere to this (earlier mentioned): circuit diagram #30 - Boot Lock Motor

Regards
Tux
Verstehen kann man das Leben nur rückwärts, leben muss man es vorwärts.
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Tux, sorry for my confusing wording.
What I meant was that with the boot loom / everything plugged in, I unplugged the B plug off the J256, and I measured between pin 13 of Plug B and GND, and between pin 14 of Plug B and GND. This to check if the Boot lock motor switch was working and uninterrupted in both open and closed state, which is the case. Also, there is no shortage between the cables between the Boot lock motor and the B plug at J256.
Just to double (triple..) check if the looms are ok.
So as you suggested in entry #21, there are no shorts between pin1 and 2 on V53, no shorts in the Cable, and no shorts on b13 and b14 on J256.
Thanks,
ps. where would one find a J256 (8G0 959 255)? I called to 10 breakers and nothing on ebay. I suppose new from Audi would be pricey.
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
audiot schrieb:I suppose new from Audi would be pricey.
Hi,
I Think you're right. According to Nininet Audi request 722,33 € incl. 19% VAT. Waaat?
Grüße von der Ems,
Andreas

Saison 04-09: Typ89 Cabriolet ABK EZ 20.06.1994
Daily Driver:    A4 B6 Cabriolet BFB EZ 16.06.2004
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Nix wie weg!
That's absolutely insane..
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi, I bought another J256 controller, and guess what - my Boot lock motor 11 and 00 problem looks solved!
but..
now, when I start the sequence by the opening the handle/latch on the roof and lifting the roof open a bit, the roof hydraulic cylinders in the boot start a whining sound, and keep doing that until I close the roof back.
Nothing else happens, the windows don't drop down, and pressing the button to open the roof doesn't do anything.

VAG COM says: 1 Fault Found:
01106 - Power Window Opening Relay (J291)
28-10 - Short to B+ - Intermittent

Which error I had once before a month ago, which then disappeared in the next reading, so I'm not sure how crucial it is.

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be?

I took a short video with sound of the cylinders, if anyone cares to hear please let me know and I can try and upload it.
Thanks!
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Additionally to my previous post,
I just noticed something odd. With the engine off, roof closed etc., when I pull up the handbrake, all the windows drop a few CM (just like but not quite as much as they used to when opening the roof, as they should) and the red Roof open light starts flashing in the dashboard, and the hydraulics / cylinder in the boot makes a whining noise, intermittent at the same interval as the red light flashing. So to be clear, this is without opening the roof handle, or doing anything else than just pulling up the handbrake.

Das ja man doof

Has anyone ever seen that before?

Also, the Window switch to open or close all the windows (located in the central console, at the handbrake) doesn't work anymore. Not opening and not closing. When I push it I can hear a relais clicking, but nothing happens.
All windows work well individually from the window switches in the door.

I was wondering, should I reset something about the car or controller, now i've installed the other j256 / Roof controller? And how?

Thanks!
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Tux / Lemmy / All,
I just put the old Controller (J256) back in, and with that one, the Central windows button still works fine.
I'm worried I bought a broken one. So the symptoms are:

Replacement Controller J256:
- Whining noise from boot hydraulics when opening the roof handle; nothing else happens.
- Button for All Windows open/close doesn't work (but relays J291 and J292 sound clicking).
- When pulling up the Hand brake (not using the roof handle), all windows open app. 1 CM.

All these things don't occur with the other (old) Controller.

Is this Controller broken, or could there be another explanation?
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Ed,

just another (last?) idea: Have you tried to disconnect your car battery? I understand that this sometimes might reset (any?) controller... Is dat wirklich so?

Just disconnect the ground cable, switch on the lights (to use up the rest of the electrical power in the system), switch the lights off, wait 2-3 moments and reconnect the cable.

Hope it helps!
Grüße von der Ems,
Andreas

Saison 04-09: Typ89 Cabriolet ABK EZ 20.06.1994
Daily Driver:    A4 B6 Cabriolet BFB EZ 16.06.2004
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:
Hi Lemmy,
Thanks! Yes I indeed yesterday disconnected the battery, switched on the lights, waited for 20 minutes - but no difference unfortunately..
Zitieren }
Bedankt durch:

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Schon wieder Kabelbaum Heckklappe Paulchen 4 2.477 18.09.2019, 08:57
Letzter Beitrag: gallex2000
  Stellmotor 8G0.959.639 Befestigung Fahrspaß 2 1.587 05.06.2019, 17:10
Letzter Beitrag: Fahrspaß
  [Manuell] Verdeck entriegelt nur bei offener(!) Heckklappe puhalomat 7 3.569 19.08.2015, 21:54
Letzter Beitrag: Audiolet
  [Elektrisch] ZV Heckklappe + Verdeck DerFabi2015 5 3.394 11.08.2015, 20:58
Letzter Beitrag: Audiolet
  Frage zu Kabelbaum Heckklappe V6-Convertible 12 9.459 03.09.2011, 20:52
Letzter Beitrag: V6-Convertible
  Belegung Stellmotor für man Verdeckdeckel muelee 0 2.914 23.07.2010, 14:50
Letzter Beitrag: muelee
  Stellmotor v53 durchmessen ... für Blöde Mongobär 13 20.935 22.04.2010, 13:37
Letzter Beitrag: Mongobär
  Silikon Kabelbaum Heckklappe wauzzz-quattro 3 3.794 28.05.2007, 20:44
Letzter Beitrag: Dirk
  Verdeck und Heckklappe Schloss Schema mateos 1 3.163 31.03.2007, 20:11